ACER has issued the latest “REMIT Quarterly”, covering Q4 2017, which can be found here. It covers a few interesting recent aspects of REMIT:
- 21 new cases were opened in Q4 2017. The number of open cases is now 137.
- The newsletter highlights the resource shortages being experienced by ACER. It also advises that there will be a change to the IT supplier supporting the ARIS database.
- There are still only a small percentage of market participants using an Inside Information Platform to disclose inside information. Those use their own web site or do not correctly disclose the information. ACER intends to push for most to use a platform, and will soon issue an open letter on the topic.
- Statistics on Organised Market Places are published derived from the REMIT database. In total over 546 million records were collected, or which 77.37% were from power.
- The number of market participants is now at nearly 13,000, although new registrations are slowing.
- The new notifications platform for Suspicious Transaction Reports and notifications is covered (see here).
- The last FAQ on transaction reporting, described in detail here, is mentioned.